Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just another day in India...

Yesterday we all had an exciting adventure!!! For only 200 rupees (the equivalent of $4) we were able to ride an elephant!! It was a crazy experience to be on top of something that could literally crush you to death at any moment, but it was well worth the $4 and fear of death.



As you can see it rains most, if not all the time here. It's an odd experience to be caught in this rain at any moment. The rain starts off not as a light drizzle, but an all out downpour without so much as a warning.

Today has been a lazy Sunday of hand-washing laundry, towels, and sheets. It's amazing how much you get done when you get up at 5am because birds are screeching outside your window...another story for another day.

I feel like I'm surrounded by the nature. Just the other day Jacqi and I witnessed a mongoose run across the path we walk to school. I told Biju (the guy who is in charge of us over here) and he has a long-standing goal to catch this particular mongoose...maybe I'll try to catch it for him while I'm here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you need dora rain boots....asap!

Ryan Alexander Payne said...

I mean, it's kinda ironic that you've committed to nature in such a big way.

Mary said...

Where are your galoshes(sp?) when you need them? Please tell me you brought them along...