Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Nature Whisperer...

I can’t stand The Nature, but I’m learning to love it bit by bit. I’m even considering going camping when I come home much to the joy of many people (Martha Sue and LBJ). However, it still takes time to get use to the idea. This weekend I was in The Nature and loved every minute of it. Well, almost every minute of it. Allison, Bryce, Jacqi, and I drove up to Munnar (don’t worry we hired a driver) to visit the famous tea plantation. It was a gorgeous ride and we even stopped to look at waterfalls and wild monkeys. It was so cute to see little baby ones clinging to their mothers as they crossed the street. After we left the monkeys, we traveled further up the mountain to our cottage to stay the night. Our driver took us on a ‘short hike’ (5km), up the whole way, to a farm where we played with a puppy named Julie and watched one of the farm hands ride a bull. It was really funny and I had a great time petting the animals. The next day we went driving around taking pictures of the tea plantations and shopping in Munnar. I also tempted a dragonfly to land on my finger, but didn't have my camera on me; however, Allison will vouch for me!






3 comments:

Ryan Alexander Payne said...

I'm proud of your progress.

Karin said...

A bug on your finger on purpose? I don't believe it. How much are you paying this so-called "Allison" (if that is even her real name...)

Mad props for the landscape photos though.

Unknown said...

YES, camping in winter!