Monday, October 25, 2010

Inventive...

One of the most shocking, and now most normal, things I see everyday is how goods are transported in India. Space is limited and motorbikes are used by almost every family. It isn’t abnormal to see a family of 4 sometimes 5 riding down the road on a single motorbike. I’ve become so accustom to this it seems almost silly to have less than 3 people on a bike. Why would you waist 10 cents for a rickshaw when you can all just pile on a bike? I’ve also seen some pretty crazy things being transported on motorbikes: computers, doors (yes a front door was seen), coconuts, tricycles, etc. I’ve tried explaining it to people back home and everyone just wants pictures. So that is my goal for the next couple of weeks. Wish me luck…these pictures are difficult to get as I’m usually playing frogger with my life crossing the road or speeding along on a city bus. Here is your first picture…enjoy.

1 comment:

Mary said...

where's the person peddling the bike? it looks like its just balancing on its own. crazy. they do that in uganda too, but I am still amazed. don't get frogged taking these pics!